- The cost for electricity, fuel, water, wastewater disposal and chemicals will be $10-20 per m³ (US$ 0.04-0.08 per US gallon) of used transformer oil processed.
- Direct labor will be 8-10 persons.
- The land requirement for a fully integrated facility will be about 1 acre (4000 m²).
Transformer Oil Recycling
Recycling of waste transformer oils
Hydrogenation in combination with vacuum drying and filtration is the most complete and advanced process technology for recycling of waste transformer oils. In the Hydrogenation process, hydrogen gas reacts with sulfur, nitrogen, chlorine and other unsaturated compounds present in waste transformer oil, producing a water-white, stable product with low sulfur concentration and superior insulating properties.
Sequoia’s technology for transformer oil recycling
- Sequoia understands how to preserve the desirable inherent characteristics of naphthenic oils during hydrogenation process and target only the undesirable compounds in the spent oil.
- Sequoia’s hydrogenation technology will almost completely destroy carcinogenic organic chlorine compounds such as PCBs (Polychlorobiphenyls) often present in waste transformer oils.
- The resulting base oils can meet rigorous OEM specifications of transformer oils in USA, Europe and Japan.